About this task
When you install IBM
® Connections, the following work managers are automatically created for Search on each node in your deployment:
Handles the work involved in crawling the seedlists to persist them to disk.SearchDCSWorkManager
Handles the work for the file content retrieval and conversion task.SearchIndexingWorkManager
Handles the work involved in processing the entries in persisted seedlists into Lucene documents.
The Search application also uses the DefaultWorkManager at certain times, for example, for background indexing.
You can update the settings for the SearchCrawlingWorkManager, SearchDCSWorkManager, and SearchIndexingWorkManager from the IBM WebSphere
® Integrated Solutions Console. For example, when you change the maximum number of crawling threads in the search-config.xml
file, you might also need to adjust the thread settings for the SearchCrawlingWorkManager on each node.
To update settings for the Search work managers, complete the following steps.
Parent topic: Managing the Search application
Creating work managers for Search
Configuring the number of crawling threads
Configuring the number of indexing threads
- Open the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console on the node where you want to update the work manager settings.
- Expand and select Asynchronous beans -> Work managers.
- Select the work manager that you want to update.
- Update the settings as needed.
- Click Apply and then click OK to save the new settings.