Updating your profileAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Edit your profile to add or update information about yourself, change your profile picture, or upload a pronunciation file.
About this task
An administrator initially creates your profile with information from the user directory for your organization. You can edit your profile as needed to add extra details and ensure that the information is kept up-to-date. Note that if you cannot update a field in your profile, for example, your name, this is because the administrator has set the field to be read only. To update the information in read-only fields, contact your administrator.
- The information in your profile comes from the organization's personnel directory and, because different directories store different information, the fields that are displayed in your profile might differ from the default fields. In addition, your administrator can automatically fill in a field to prevent you from having to fill it out. The administrator can also set a field to be read-only if it collects information that is not relevant to your organization.
- You cannot update your report-to chain information directly from Profiles. This information is automatically pulled in to the Profiles application from your organization's corporate directory. If the information in your report-to chain is no longer current, the information must be updated in the corporate directory first. Your administrator can then synchronize the changes back to Profiles.
To edit your profile, perform the following steps.
Parent topic: Using
- Click Edit My Profile on the My Profile page.
Alternatively, select Profiles -> Edit My Profile from the product navigation.
- Depending on the type of changes you want to make, click one of the following tabs:
Table 1. Edit profile tabs
|Tab||Select this tab if you want to:|
|Contact Information||Edit your office location, contact details, or job title, or choose a different time zone. Add or change your personal blog link.|
|About Me||Update the details of your work history and background information.|
|Photo||Update or remove your current profile picture.|
|Pronunciation||Update or remove an audio file of your name being spoken with the correct pronunciation.|
- When you've made the necessary changes, click Save or Save and Close.