About this task
You can keep the people in your network informed about what you're doing by regularly updating your personal status message. For example, you might post a message to let people know that you're busy preparing for a meeting or that you're about to leave the office for the day. Or you might want to share a link to an interesting website with the people in your network. When you paste a URL into the status message field, the URL is automatically converted to a hyperlink.
To update your status message, complete the following steps.
- Click What are you working on right now from any of the activity stream views.
- Enter your status message in the field that displays.
The administrator can configure the character limit available for status updates so the length of the message that you can enter might vary depending on your deployment.
Tip: To tag your message with a specific keyword, type the keyword prefixed with a hash (#) symbol as part of your message. When you save the message, the keyword is automatically converted to a link. Other users can click the link to search for status updates tagged with the same keyword.
- Optional: Attach a file to your message by clicking Add a File and choosing one of the following options:
- To attach a file from the Files application, select My Files, select a file, and then click OK.
- To attach a file from your local system, select My Computer, click Browse to select a file, and then click OK.
Note: If you decide that you do not want to post the message, click Reset to cancel the message.
What to do next
You can delete your status messages at any time by hovering over the message that you want to remove, clicking the X
icon, and then clicking Delete
Using the activity stream views