Before you begin
To perform these steps you must be connected to an IBM
® Connections site. For more information, see Connecting to an IBM Connections site
- Right-click a file name from Windows™ Explorer and select IBM Connections -> Add to Communities.
Alternatively, you can drag a file from Windows Explorer or from the desktop and drop it into the File folder for the target community, or paste a file to the same destination.
Note: Dragging a file or pasting a file into a community directly uploads the file into the community instead of sharing it with the community.
- If you connect to more than one IBM® Connections site, select a site to which you want to upload the file.
- Type the name of the community, and then select it. Or click the arrow icon next to the Community field and select a community that you are a member of.
- Choose one of the following:
Click OK to upload the file.
- Upload to community to upload to a selected community. Choose this option if you intend to only share a file with members of the community.
- Upload to My Files and share with community. Choose this option if you want to share with colleagues who are not members of the community as well as sharing with community members.
When you open the activity in IBM Connections, your file is in the community.
Note: A file shared with or uploaded to a community inherits the visibility of that community. For example, if the community is public all files within the community are also automatically public.
If you want to add a file to a community that already displays in your IBM
Connections navigation pane, expand the community list so you can see the Files folder for the target community and drag in a file to upload it to the community.
Parent topic: Uploading files