Uploading a file to the Files applicationAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Add files to IBM® Connections Files so that you can store them or share them with others.
Before you begin
You must be connected to an IBM
Connections site. For more information, see Connecting to an IBM Connections site
. You must also have at least Contributor access to add files to IBM
Parent topic: Uploading files
- Right-click a file name from Windows™ Explorer and select IBM Connections -> Add to Files.
Alternatively, you can drag a desktop file to My Files in the IBM Connections section of your Windows Explorer navigation pane or paste a file into the same section.
- If you connect to more than one IBM® Connections site, select a site to upload the document to.
- Add tags to help you more easily find the document in IBM Connections.
- Select any of the following choices:
|No one (visible only to me)||Make the file private. Only the owner can see and edit it.|
|People or Communities ||Share the file with specific people or a community. Perform these steps:|
- Select a Person or a Community.
Note: To share with a public community you must be using Connections 3 or higher.
- Select the as Reader or as Editor access level:
- Readers can read or download a file. They can add files to folders to which they have Contributor access, be notified of changes to the file, and share the file with other people.
- Editors can read, edit, download, upload a new version, and set properties on the file. They can add files to folders to which they have Contributor access, be notified of changes to the file, and share it with other people.
- Perform one of the following tasks:
Note: When you share a file with people or a community, the option Allow others to share this file is enabled by default. You can disable this if you do not want others to share the file. This option is not available if you make a file public.
|Public (visible to everyone)||Make the file visible to everyone, even people who have not logged in.|
Note: An administrator can configure the system so that everyone must log in, or only a certain group of people can log in. In this case public files are only available to users who are able to log in.
- Click Upload.