Before you begin
You must be logged in to receive colleague suggestions from the Do You Know widget.
About this task
The Do You Know widget recommends people for you to add to your network based on your existing connections, tags, organizational relationships, and actions that you have taken in the different applications.
The widget recommends people for you to connect to and provides information about how you are already related to those people. For example, you might share the same manager, you might be a member of the same communities, or you might have used the same tag.
You can use the information provided by the widget to help you decide whether to add a person to your network. If the person interests you and you want to connect with them, you can add them to your network directly from the widget. You can remove the recommendation if you decide that you do not want to connect with them.
Because the widget is refreshed on an interval basis, you may not be prompted immediately for people recently made available.
Parent topic: Getting to know other people
Using the Things in Common widget
Using the Who Connects Us widget
- Use the Do You Know widget in the following ways:
- Select a person's profile picture to display a list of the ways in which that person is related to you.
- Scroll through the suggested profiles by clicking the photo on either side of the middle photo.
- To invite a person to join your network, select the person's profile picture and click Invite to connect.
- To remove a recommendation, select the person's profile picture and click Remove.
- Access a person's business card by hovering over their name and clicking the link that displays.