Using the SharePoint widgetAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Access Microsoft® SharePoint documents from within an IBM® Connections community. Documents you upload to the widget from SharePoint are available to all members of the community.
About this task
The SharePoint widget lets you include SharePoint documents in your community. To access the widget you must have the user name and password you use to access your SharePoint server. if you don't have this information, consult your SharePoint administrator.
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Plug-in for Microsoft SharePoint
- After adding the SharePoint widget to your community, log in to the SharePoint server with your Sharepoint user name and password.
- To add a document, click Upload a Document and specify a file to upload and a destination folder.
- To create a new folder, click New Folder and enter a folder name and description.
- To open the SharePoint server click Go to SharePoint.
- Click the folder menu to do any of the following:
- Click Open to expand the folder and view subfolders and documents.
- Click Upload document to and browse for a document to add to the folder.
- Click Edit Properties to change the folder name.
- Click Delete to permanently remove the folder and all of its contents.
- Click a document name and perform any of these operations:
- Click Download this document to open a document for viewing or editing. The document will open in it's native application. For example, if the document is a Microsoft Word document, it will open in Microsoft Word.
- Click Upload new version and browse for the file to replace the document with a newer version.
- To change the properties of a document, such as the name, click Edit properties. Edit the properties and save the changes.
- Click Delete to permanently remove the file from the SharePoint widget.
- To create a feed of the SharePoint documents list, click Feed for SharePoints Documents List, copy the feed data, and paste it into your feed reader.