Using the activity stream viewsAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Find out what's new in your network and the wider organization using the activity stream views available from the Home page.
About this task
You can use the different activity stream views available from the Home page to filter the latest news stories and updates from across IBM
® Connections. The updates are displayed in list format, making it easy for you to scan through the entries and quickly identify the updates that are most important to you. An icon next to each update identifies which application the update is associated with.
- You can check for the latest news stories and work with updates in the following ways:
- Use the options available from the navigation sidebar to filter your updates and display different types of information in the activity stream. Select one of the following options:
- I'm Following
- Status Updates
- My Notifications
- Action Required
For more information about these views, see Home page views.
- Use the Filter By options to filter the display to show specific updates.
- To comment on an update, hover over the update and click Comment. Enter your comment in the field, and then click Post.
- To save an update for following up later, hover over the update and click Save this.
You can retrieve your saved updates later by selecting Saved from the navigation sidebar.
- To stop receiving updates about an item or person, click Stop following.
- To access more options for working with an update, hover over the update and click it.
The options that display depend on the type of update you are looking at. For example, to share a status update with the people who are following you, click Repost. To close the window, click the X icon or click anywhere outside the window.
What to do next
What else can I do using the activity stream views?
Getting started with IBM Connections
Setting email notification preferences
Using the Events widget
Updating your status message from the Home page
Using the My Page view
Using the Recommendations widget on the Home page
Using the To Do List widget
Home page views
- Click Customize to add widgets and bring extra functionality to your Home page.
- Let people know what you're doing by updating your personal status message. Click What are you working on right now and enter your status message in the field. If you want to attach a file to your status, click Add a File to select the file, and then click Post.
- Check what community events are taking place soon using the Events widget. For more information, see Using the Events widget.
- Keep track of your upcoming to-do items using the To Do List widget. For more information, see Using the To Do List widget.
- Check for recommended content in the Recommendations widget. The widget suggests content that might interest you, based on your existing community membership, network connections, and tags. For more information, see Using the Recommendations widget on the Home page.
- Bookmark the page views that you visit most often so that you can navigate directly to them later.