About this task
The business card provides a useful snapshot of a user's profile information. In addition to displaying a job title and contact details, if your administrator has enabled IBM
® awareness, the card displays the user's current status information.
The business card provides links to the IBM
Connections applications that are used by the person and allows you to perform a number of actions. For example, if your administrator has configured email addresses to display, you can send an email, or you can start a chat session with them if you have installed the IBM
Connections plug-in for Sametime
- Access a person's business card by hovering over their name in any of the applications and clicking the link that is displayed.
- Use the business card to perform the following tasks:
Parent topic: Using
Using the Sametime task bar
- Access the applications associated with a person by clicking the links on the business card. For example, you can access the person's public file library and files that they have shared with you by clicking Files.
- Add the person as a colleague by selecting More Actions -> Invite to My Network, typing an invitation message, and clicking Send invitation.
- Download and save the person's vCard by selecting More Actions -> Download vCard, selecting a character encoding option, and clicking Download.
- Send the person an email by clicking Send E-mail.
This option is not available if your administrator has configured IBM Connections to prevent email addresses from being displayed.
- Start a chat session with the person by clicking Chat.
You must install the IBM Connections plug-in for Sametime for this option to display.
- Start a telephone conference call with the person by clicking Call.
You must install IBM Sametime Advanced Telephony for this option to display.