Before you begin
Encrypt your administrator passwords. For more information about encrypting passwords, see the Creating encrypted passwords for a response file
About this task
Silent installation uses the parameters in a response file to install the same IBM
® Connections profile on multiple computers.
If you are silently installing IBM
Connections as a non-root user in an AIX
® or Linux
™ environment, you must specify that parameter in the silent-install.ini
- Navigate to the connections_root directory and open the LC.rsp response file.
- Specify your installation parameters. For more information, see the Default response file topic.
- Add the encrypted passwords to the relevant elements of the response file. The following example shows the elements for the Activities passwords:
<data key='user.activities.adminuser.password' value='encrypted_password'/>
<data key='user.activities.dbUserPassword value='encrypted_password'/>
is the password after you encrypted it.
- Change the default WebSphere® Application Server administrator name from wasadmin if your administrator name is different.
- Save your changes.
- If you are performing the silent installation as a non-root user on AIX or Linux systems, complete the following steps:
- Open the silent-install.ini file for editing from the following location:
- AIX: IBM_Connections_set-up/IBM_Connections_install/IM/aix/silent-install.ini
- Linux: IBM_Connections_set-up/IBM_Connections_install/IM/linux/silent-install.ini
- Linux on System z®: IBM_Connections_set-up/IBM_Connections_install_s390/IM/zlinux/silent-install.ini
where IBM_Connections_set-up is the IBM Connections set-up directory or installation media.
In the second line of the file, change admin to nonadmin.
Save and close the file.
Parent topic: The default response file
Creating encrypted passwords for a response file
Installing IBM Connections and IBM Installation Manager in silent mode