Before you begin
To use this application, you must already have a blog with at least one entry. You must also have access to a third-party blog editing tool, such as w.bloggar or ScribeFire. The steps describe how to set up your blog to use ScribeFire, a plug-in for Mozilla Firefox. The steps for enabling other editors as third-party editors are detailed in an article titled Using third-party editors to author blog entries
on the IBM
® Connections wiki.
About this task
Follow these steps to specify an alternate editor for creating blog entries. These steps assume you have already installed the ScribeFire plug-in and that you are using Mozilla Firefox as your browser.
Parent topic: Creating a blog entry
- Click My Blogs to work with your blog.
- Click Settings to edit the settings for your blog.
- Enable the Enable Blogger and Metaweblog API for your blog setting.
- Click Update Blog Settings.
- Click on the Scribefire icon in the Firefox status bar or choose Scribefire from the Tools menu to launch ScribeFire.
- Launch the account wizard.
- Enter the URL for your blog.
- Select Metaweblog API in the system type field and enter the URL for your Blogs server in the Server API URL field.
The URL should look like this: http://<hostname>/blogs/services/xmlrpc.
- Enter your IBM Connections user name and password.
Note: Both user name and password are case-sensitive.
If the login is successful, you see a list of your blogs.
- Select the blog or blogs you want to update with ScribeFire.
- Use ScribeFire to create a blog entry and post it to your blog.