Before you begin
Make sure the Cognos
® server is running.
About this task
For configuration tips and information on troubleshooting the Cognos
Business Intelligence installation, see Troubleshooting Cognos Business Intelligence
- From any browser, navigate to the Cognos server’s content manager at the following address:
- Host_Name is the fully qualified host name of the Cognos server; for example, host.example.com.
This value is specified in the was.fqdn.hostname property in the cognos-setup.properties file used for installing the server.
- Port is the port that the Cognos server is listening on.
- Context_Root is the context root to which you installed the Cognos server; for example, cognos.
This value is specified in the cognos.context_root property in the cognos-setup.properties file using for installing the server (the default value was set to cognos).
The IBM Cognos Content Manager displays the following information: build number, server start time, current time, and current server state. The state should be running
; if it is not, see Troubleshooting Cognos Business Intelligence components
for possible problems and suggested solutions.
- Next, verify the dispatcher:
- In the browser, navigate to the dispatcher’s address:
- If you have not yet federated the node to the Deployment Manager, use the following URL:
- If you have already federated the node to the Deployment Manager, use the following URL:
Images and icons may not display properly for this URL, but it is sufficient to validate that the IBMConnectionsMetrics
folder and subfolders exist.
In the dispatcher, click the Public tab; in the list of public folders click the IBMConnectionsMetrics folder and verify that it contains three subfolders (Metrics, MetricsCubeDS, and MetricsDBQuery).
where the Host_Name
, and Context_Root
values are the same as those used in step 1. For example:
The dispatcher displays tabs listing public and private folders.
What to do next
If you deployed Cognos
Business Intelligence as a prerequisite step to installing IBM
Connections, continue the next section, Installing IBM Connections
. You will complete the Cognos
configuration tasks after you install the Connections applications.
If you originally installed IBM
Connections without first deploying Cognos
Business Intelligence and are now deploying the Cognos
server, skip the Connections installation topics (which you have already completed) and instead go directly to Configuring Cognos Business Intelligence
Parent topic: Installing Cognos Business Intelligence for Metrics reporting
Previous topic: Federating the Cognos server to the Deployment Manager