Viewing your community's media galleryAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|View the photos and videos that you and other members have added to your community's media gallery.
Before you begin
To open a community's media gallery, from the community's Overview page, click View All
in the Media Gallery widget or select Media Gallery
from the navigation.
About this task
The Media Gallery page displays thumbnails of all the multimedia content in your community's media gallery. You can see who uploaded each file and when the file was last updated, as well as if the file has been locked. You can also see how many people have downloaded or commented on a file, and preview photos or videos using the gallery previewer.
Parent topic: Using a media gallery
- Choose from the following options when viewing media gallery content:
- Use the Sort by options to sort content by date or by most commented.
- Use the Display options to display the multimedia content in gallery format or list format.
Tip: Choose list format if you want to see how many times a file has been downloaded or find out how many people like a file. More sorting options are also available from the list view. For example, you can sort by popularity and most liked as well as by date and most commented.
- Use the Show options to filter the display to show photos only, videos only, or photos and videos together.
Note: Community owners can configure the Media Gallery widget to display content of one type only, videos or photos. In this case, the option to filter the media gallery content by file type is not available.
- Click a thumbnail to open the file in the previewer.
From the previewer, you can:
- Use the arrows on either side of the dialog to view the rest of the thumbnails in the current view. You can also use the arrow keys.
- Click Go to summary under an image to access more advanced options for working with the file.
- If you are viewing a video file, click the Play arrow to play the video.
- If the like icon or displays a number next to it, you can click it to see a list of the people who have liked the file. or displays a number next to it, you can click it to see a list of the people who have liked the file. displays a number next to it, you can click it to see a list of the people who have liked the file.
- Click a file name to view detailed information about the file and access more advanced options for working with it. For more information about what you can do with media gallery files, see Working with media gallery content.