What's newAdded by IBM on February 11, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Find out what's new and what's been updated.
IBM Connections 4.0
- The installation wizard is based on IBM® Installation Manager 1.4.4.
- You can install and configure IBM Cognos® Business Intelligence, obtained separately, by using the scripts, models, and specifications that are included with IBM Connections.
- Console Mode is available. Use this character-based interface to install, modify, or uninstall the product when you do not have access to the graphical interface.
- Silent installation has been extended so that you can install both IBM Connections and IBM Installation Manager in silent mode.
- The initial configuration of administrators for Home page and Blogs is now handled automatically during installation. However, to configure widgets, you still need to assign a Home page administrator.
Migrating to this release
Parent topic: Installing
- After migration to IBM Connections 4.0, you can reuse content stores from 3.0.1.
- In Profiles, the data model for profile-type definitions has been moved into a dedicated profiles-types.xml file and the rules for presentation of a profile have been moved into a set of FreeMarker template files. For details, see Post-migration steps for profile types and profile policies.
- During the database migration process, data from the Profiles database is copied to the Home page database.
- The migration tool no longer migrates content stores, which must be manually migrated.