About this task
The Search Results page lists the results returned by your search query, and includes the title of each search result, the name of the person who created it, and the date when it was created. You can read a brief description of the search result and view a comment extract, where available, and see how many people liked the search result item. The latest status update displays before the list of search results when it is relevant to the search term. An icon next to each search result identifies which application the content is associated with.
Table 1. Application icons
| ||Community events|
The icon shown here represents just one file type. The icon next to a search result from the Files application changes depending on the type of file returned. For more information, see File type icons.
| ||Status updates|
The Search Results page displays when you perform any type of search in IBM
® Connections, except for the context-specific searches that are available in the different applications. When you select a context-specific search option, for example, the option to search My Communities
in the Communities application, the search results page for that application displays. When you perform any other type of search in IBM
Connections, the Search Results page displays.
Parent topic: IBM Connections Search
Performing an advanced search
Searching IBM Connections
Adding IBM Connections search to your browser
File type icons
- Review your search results on the Search Results page by performing the following actions:
- Click the title of one of the results to open it and review it in more detail.
- Use the options available from the side navigation bar to display the results returned by a specific application. The All Results option is selected by default.
- Use the drop-down filters to further refine your search. The filters available vary depending on the option that you select from the navigation bar.
- Use the Tags widget to search the results for specific tags or keywords. This widget displays up to 50 of the tags associated with your search results. Click a tag to display any results that contain that tag. Select a related tag from the Related Tags area if you want to further refine your search.
- View the people associated with the search results in the People widget. This widget displays up to 250 of the people associated with your search results. Click a name to display the results associated with a specific person.
- Use the Dates widget to display only those results that are associated with a specified year or month. This widget displays up to 250 of the dates associated with your search results.
- Use the Trending widget to view the latest hot topics in your organization. This widget only displays when you select the Status Updates filter from the navigation bar. It displays up to 50 of the hottest trends associated with your search results. Click a topic trend to display the search results that are associated with that trend.