If you have already liked a blog posting, you can unlike it by sending a request to the web address of the collection categorized by term unrecommend
for the blog posting.
See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
Table 1. Atom API request details
Value of the href attribute of the <app:collection> element that has a child <title> element with a value of Recommendations in the blog entry.
To unlike a blog entry, complete the following steps:
- You can only unlike an entry you liked before. To find out whether you have already liked an entry, retrieve a list of the people who have liked the entry and see if your name is included. See Getting a list of recommenders for more details. Alternatively, complete the following steps:
- Retrieve an entries feed that contains the entry. See Getting a feed of the latest posts added to all blogs or Getting a feed of recent posts for a blog for more information.
- Find the collection element categorized by term recommend for the entry, and then look for a <app:accept/> element. If this element is present, you have already liked this entry and cannot do so again. If no <app:accept/> is present, you have liked the entry yet. For example, the collection categorized by recommend for an entry that you have liked would appear as follows:
<app:categories fixed="yes" />
- To unlike the entry, send an empty DELETE request to the web address listed as the href of the app:collection.
Returned HTTP Header
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the recommendation was successfully deleted. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.Error codes
Parent topic: Working with recommendations
Getting a list of recommenders
Getting a feed of the latest posts added to all blogs
Getting a feed of recent posts for a blog
- HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized
- HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden: The user haven't liked this entry.
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found: Either the weblog or the entry is not found.