To update a community file comment that has been flagged as inappropriate, send a moderation action entry in Atom format to the href attribute of the comment's rel=edit link. You can update the comment's title and content elements only.
Only people with the global-moderator role can update the entry. See Authenticating requests
for information about how to authenticate the request.
To update a comment, complete the following steps:
Table 1. Atom API request details
- Retrieve the moderation service document. See Retrieving the Files moderation service document for more details.
- In the service document, locate the workspace with the <category term="comments-moderation" .../> child element, and then find the collection with the <atom:category term="review-content" .../> child element, and make a note of the web address in its href attribute.
- Send a GET request to the web address you copied from the previous step. In the returned feed, find the entry representing the comment that you want to update, and make a note of the web address for it, which is specified in the href attribute of its rel=edit link.
- Send a GET request to the URL that you noted in the previous step to retrieve the Atom document for the comment entry.
- Edit the Atom document to make your changes.
Note: The only updates that will be applied are changes that you make to the title and content elements.
- Send a PUT request to the href in the rel=edit link for the comment to update it.
Value of the href attribute of the <link rel="edit"> element of each entry in the Flagged Comments feed.
Provide a comment Atom entry document.
The content type of the Atom entry document must be application/atom+xml.
Returned HTTP headers
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Indicates that the comment entry was successfully updated. If an error occurs, this header contains one of the error codes.Error codes
Parent topic: Working with flagged community file comments
- HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden: Authorization failed.
- HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found