When sending and receiving files in Connections Mail, you can use traditional attachments, or you can use Connections Files to share the files and include links to them in your emails. Sharing through Connections saves space and makes sharing and collaborating easier.
Parent topic: Social features
Attaching or sharing files
About this task
When attaching files to an email in Connections Mail, you can send the files as attachments, or you can upload the files to Connections Files and insert links to those files in the email. The files you upload are automatically shared with the email recipients.
When you share files through Connections, only the email recipients with access to your Connections network can view the files. For example, people outside of your company may be unable to view the files.
While composing an email, click Attach
, and do one of the following:
- To attach a file from your computer:
To add links to files already uploaded to Connections:
- Click My computer, and select files.
- Select Attach files or Upload to My Files and insert as links.
- Click Files, and select files from your Connections files.
About this task
When you receive an email with an attachment, you can save the attachment to your computer or to Connections Files.
Open the email with the attachments and do one of the following:
- To save to your computer, click Download or Download all, and then select where to save the file.
- To save to Connections, click Share or Share all, choose with whom to share the files, and then click Upload.