Installing IBM Connections MailAdded by IBM on September 19, 2012 | Version 1 (Original)
|To install IBM® Connections Mail, use IBM Installation Manager, the same program that is used to install IBM Connections 4.0.
To install IBM
® Connections Mail, use IBM
Installation Manager, the same program that is used to install IBM
Before you begin
- Ensure that your environment is configured as described in Preparing to install IBM Connections Mail.
- After you complete those tasks, restart your Connections servers, to ensure that changes are properly saved.
For optimal accessibility while installing Connections Mail, install in silent mode. Follow the steps in the IBM Installation Manager documentation
, then restart the Connections servers.
- Download and extract the IBM Connections Mail installation file.
- Open IBM Installation Manager from the server on which you are installing Connections Mail. This server must be running the WebSphere Application Server Deployment Manager.
- Select File -> Preferences, and then select Repositories.
- From the Repositories panel, select Add Repository, navigate to the directory to which you saved the IBM Connections Mail files, and select the repository.config file.
- Click OK until you are returned to the Installation Manager main panel. Click Install.
- Select IBM Connections Mail, and click Next.
- Read and accept the license agreement, and select Next.
- Select Create a new package group. Accept the default value for the Installation Directory field or specify the path to another directory, and click Next. You must remember this file path for Enabling the discovery service for IBM Connections Mail.
- Click Next, click Install, and click Finish.
What to do next
Complete all tasks in Configuring IBM Connections Mail
Then, manually stop and start the deployment manager, the node, and all Connections servers manually.
Parent topic: Deploying IBM Connections Mail