The first table lists features new to IBM Connections Mail 1.0 Fix Pack 1, and tells you how to get started using those features. The second table lists issues that are fixed in this Fix Pack.
Important: Before you install Connections Mail 1.0 Fix Pack 1, you must uninstall previous versions of Connections Mail. See IBM Connections Mail system requirements and Uninstalling IBM Connections Mail.
When you uninstall, the socialmail-discovery-config.xml
remains, so you do not need to reconfigure the discovery service after installing Fix Pack 1, unless you want to change the mail polling behavior as described in Table 1.
Table 1. What's New
Table 2. What's Fixed
|Feature||How do I use it?|
|Improvements to mail polling||New settings let you better control how often Connections Mail checks for new mail. This can reduce the load on your server infrastructure, or allow you to check for new mail more frequently.|
Summary of changes
Prior to Fix Pack 1, Connections Mail only checks for new mail when a new IBM Connections page loads.
With Fix Pack 1, Connections Mail checks for new mail every 30 minutes, or when a new Connections page loads (if 5 or more minutes have passed since the last check). In addition, if new mail is found and the new mail icon is displayed, Connections Mail stops checking for new mail until the next time the user opens the Connections Mail inbox.
To enable or change these settings
If this is your first time installing Connections Mail, these settings are enabled automatically. After completing all installation and configuration steps, you can change the settings using the following steps.
If you previously installed Connections Mail 1.0, you must change the MailPollInterval and MailCheckOnLoadInterval preferences and add the MailPollOnBadge preference to enable the new settings. After you uninstall Connections Mail 1.0 and install Fix Pack 1, complete the following steps.
- In the WAS-root/AppServer/profiles/Dmgr01/config/cells/cell-name/LotusConnections-config directory, open the socialmail-discovery-config.xml file.
- Inside the GadgetConfig tag, add or change the following preferences:
Save and close the socialmail-discovery-config.xml file.
Synchronize the changes from the deployment manager to the nodes. Complete the steps in the following topic: Applying common configuration property changes.
- <GadgetPreference id="MailPollInterval"></GadgetPreference> - Enter how often, in milliseconds, to check for new mail. Do not use commas (,). The recommended value is 1800000, which is 30 minutes.
- <GadgetPreference id="MailCheckOnLoadInterval"></GadgetPreference> - Enter an amount of time in milliseconds. If this amount of time has passed since the last new mail check, Connections Mail checks for new mail if the user goes to a new page or reloads the page. Do not use commas (,). The recommended value is 300000, which is 5 minutes.
- <GadgetPreference id="MailPollOnBadge"></GadgetPreference> - To stop checking for new mail when the new mail icon is showing, enter false, which is the recommended value. To check for new mail even when the new mail icon is showing, enter true.
|Fixed issue||Additional details|
|Characters such as new line, backspace, and tab no longer appear as escaped characters in emails that contain embedded experiences||Domino 8.5.3 Fix Pack 3 and Connections 4.0 Cumulative Refresh 2 are also required for this fix. See IBM Connections Mail system requirements for more information on prerequisites.|
|When replying to emails that contain Notes document links, the document links now work correctly.||none|
|When entering email addresses that are not in your address book, you only need to click comma (,) once after each email address, not twice.||none|
|When moving an email to a folder, the following error no longer appears: "Error encountered on retrieving data."||none|
|PhaseOptimize messages no longer appear in the server log||none|
|IllegalStateException messages no longer appear in the systemerr.out file|
when shutting down the Connections server