Uninstalling IBM Connections MailAdded by IBM on April 10, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|To uninstall IBM® Connections Mail, use IBM Installation Manager. For IBM i, you must manually uninstall.
Before you begin
Before uninstalling, you must stop the Connections Mail application. Follow these steps:
- Log into the Websphere Application Server Integrated Solutions Console on the Deployment Manager.
- Select Applications -> Application Types -> Websphere enterprise applications.
- Select Common and click Stop.
Uninstalling on platforms other than IBM i
- Open Installation Manager.
- Click Uninstall.
- Select IBM Connections Mail, and then click Next.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Finish.
- Stop and restart the deployment manager, the node, and all Connections servers manually.
Uninstalling on IBM i
- Open a command prompt and enter the STRQSH command to start the Qshell command shell.
- On the command line, change to the IBM Installation Manager directory.
Example: cd InstallationManager_root/eclipse/tools
- Find the Connections Mail version, using the following command: imcl listAvailablePackages -repositories full path to repository.xml.
Example: imcl listAvailablePackages -repositories /temp/IBM_Connections_Mail/repository.xml
Of the information that returns, this is the version: com.ibm.sm.offering_VERSION_NO.
- Find the installation directory, by opening the Install_Sample_OS400.rsp file and checking this line for the install location: <profile id='IBM Connections Mail' installLocation='path to install location'>.
- To uninstall IBM Connections Mail, enter the following command: imcl uninstall com.ibm.sm.offering_VERSION_NO(from step 3) -installationDirectory install location (from step 4).
Example: imcl uninstall com.ibm.sm.offering_VERSION_NO -installationDirectory /QIBM/ProdData/IBM/ConnectionsMail
If Uninstalled com.ibm.sm.offering_VERSION_NO from the /QIBM/ProdData/IBM/ConnectionsMail
appears in the log, Connections Mail is successfully uninstalled.