About this task
Use this roadmap to install IBM
File Viewer 1.0.4 on IBM Connections.
If you are upgrading the IBM
File Viewer in an existing IBM
Docs 1.0.2 or 1.0.3 deployment, refer to the Upgrading
Parent topic: Installing
- Review the software and hardware requirements for the systems that will host IBM File Viewer.
- Review planning considerations to choose the correct environment to install and configure IBM File Viewer.
- Choose either the standard or large deployment to maximize the use of available hardware and system resources. See deployment options.
- Before you install, review known problems, documented in the form of individual technotes in the IBM Support knowledge base. See the Release Note Query for IBM File Viewer 1.0.4.
- Complete all required pre-installation tasks in the recommended order. Instructions describe how an administrative user can create response files to install the components.
- Install IBM File Viewer software in the order recommended in Installing File Viewer components.
- Complete all required post-installation tasks that apply to your configuration.
Tasks are grouped as follows: