Configuring common directory services for your security configurationAdded by IBM on May 8, 2014 | Version 1 (Original)
|Configure the common directory services to work with your security configuration.
® Connections portlets use the common directory services to enable directory lookup from IBM
Connections in the IBM WebSphere
® Portal environment. This enables type-ahead for finding names. Common directory services are enabled and configured automatically as part of the installation process. Follow this procedure to configure the directory services for your security configuration.
In order to use common directory services, Portal must be configured to use a federated LDAP. Use of a stand-alone LDAP is not supported.
Follow these steps to configure common directory services for the IBM
- Do the following to copy the configuration files:
- For a single server: On the IBM WebSphere Portal Server, copy the following files:
- From <wp_profile-dir>/paa/SNPortlets/components/SNPortlets/config/templates/deployment, to: <portalInstallRoot>\wp_profile\config\cells\<cell>\ .
- For a clustered deployment: On the primary IBM WebSphere Portal Server, copy the files from <wp_profile-dir>/paa/SNPortlets/components/SNPortlets/config/templates/deployment, to the DMGR directory at: <DMGR install root>\profiles\<dmgr profile name>\config\cells\<cell>\.
If you are using LTPA SSO, skip this procedure because no change is required. For other types of authentication, edit sonata.services.xml and change the sonataServices tag, <sonataServices name="DefaultAuthenticator">, to the appropriate value for the name attribute.
For SiteMinder and SPNEGO configuration, the Communities and Profiles services URLs in directory-services.xml should point to the interServiceURL as below: For a Siteminder and SPNEGO configuration, the Communities and Profiles services URLs in directory-services.xml
should point to the interServiceURL
. For example,
<!-- *** WPI can only be used when Profiles services is available *** -->
<!-- *** WCI can only be used when Waltz is running on SSO enabled environment *** -->
For information on getting the value of interServiceURL
, see the last table in the topic Installation Options
(Clustered deployment only) Login to DMGR admin console and navigate to the System Administration -> Nodes. Select both WebSphere Portal nodes and click Full Resynchronize.
Restart the Portal server after you update directory.services.xml or restart all of the servers for a clustered deployment.
- SPNEGO: <sonataServices name="KerberosAuthenticator">
- Tivoli Access Manager: <sonataServices name="TAMAuthenticator">
- SiteMinder: <sonataServices name="SiteMinderAuthenticator">
- Tivoli Access Manager and SPNEGO: <sonataServices name="KerberosAuthenticator">
Note: On a Portal 8 server, use <sonataServices name="TAMAuthenticator">
- SiteMinder and SPNEGO: <sonataServices name="DefaultAuthenticator">
Parent topic: Deploying the IBM Connections Portlets