Make sure that you configured common directory services
when you installed the portlets. Common directory services are a requirement for configuring the VMM adapter.
The way you deploy libraries depends on your deployment configuration. There are two different scenarios for deploying libraries on Portal server and Connections:
- Cross-cell deployment (IBM Connections and IBM WebSphere Portal under different deployment managers)
- Single-cell deployment (IBM Connections and IBM WebSphere Portal under the same deployment managers)
- Find the scenario that matches your deployment and follow those steps for deploying libraries.
- Run the following command to set up the jars to be deployed to the AppServer/lib/ext folder:
ConfigEngine.bat action-setup-SNPortletsVMM-jars -DICdeploymentType=[single-cell|cross-cell]
should be set to either single-cell or cross-cell depending on the deployment scenario described above.
This will create a deployment directory under wp_profile/paa/SNPortlets/components/SNPortletsVMM/shared/WAS/lib/
- Copy the files and folder from the wp_profile/paa/SNPortlets/components/SNPortletsVMM/shared/WAS/lib/deployment folder to AppServer/lib/ext:
Do not overwrite existing jar files. Back up the AppServer/lib/ext
on the Portal server before you begin. Also, do NOT copy these files to your deployment manager or to the Connections application server locations.
- If you are deploying in a cross-cell scenario, you will only see jar files listed in the deployment folder to copy to AppServer/lib/ext.
- If you are deploying in a single cell scenario, you will see jars and a vmm folder. Copy both the jars and the vmm folder to the AppServer/lib/ext folder
- In a cluster environment, copy the jars to each node including the Deployment Manager and Connection Server node.
If you are deploying on Linux or AIX, the jars may not have the executable permission. Run the following commands to set the executable permission for each type of user on the server:
- chmod u+x
- chmod g+x
- chmod a+x
After finishing the library deployment for VMM Adapter, run the verify-SNPortletsVMM-setup
task as Troubleshooting the VMM configuration
to verify that the libraries are properly deployed. The configTrace.log
and console show following output if libraries are added correctly:
[wsadmin] AdapterClassVerification --> Success - Adapter Class Found
If the deployment is successful, you can proceed to the steps in the topic Configuring the IBM Connections repository for VMM.
If you see any of the following messages:
[wsadmin] AdapterClassVerification --> Failed - Adapter class could not be found. Verify VMM Adapter jars are added at correct path.
[wsadmin] AdapterClassVerification --> Failed - ClassNotFoundException - Verify that the path for com.ibm.ws.wim.adapter.connections.jar is correct.
then work through the issues following the steps provided in Troubleshooting the VMM configuration
and then follow the steps in this topic again.
Parent topic: Integrating community membership with Portal security