Using the Bookmarks portlet
use the Bookmarks portlet to access your IBM Connections bookmarks without leaving the IBM
WebSphere Portal environment. The portlet has two views, All Bookmarks
and My Bookmarks
The All Bookmarks
view displays bookmarks you created as well as bookmarks shared with you by others in your organization. The My Bookmarks
view displays only the bookmarks that you created. You can click the More
option for a bookmark to edit or delete it.
From the All Bookmarks
or the My Bookmarks
view you can:
- Click a bookmark to visit the web page.
- Click More to view details about the bookmark.
- Click the name of a bookmark owner to view the associated business card.
- Sort the view by clicking the column header for Date or by Popularity.
The My Blogs
view lists blogs for which you are an owner or member. From this view, you can:
- Click the name of a blog to open it. You can view the entries and comments or create an entry.
- Click the name of an Ideation Blog to open it so that you can view the ideas and view voting activity.
- Click Settings to edit the basics for a blog, including the title, description, and tags. You can also add blog owners, authors, or draft users.
- Click Start a Blog to start a new blog.
Note: You cannot create an Ideation Blog from the Blogs portlet because it must be created within a community.
Editing the shared settings for the Bookmarks portlet
You must have at least editor access for the page and for the portlet to be able to edit shared settings for Connections features. For more information about access levels, see the WebSphere
Portal product wiki. Settings that you enter on this page can be overridden by settings on the Personalize
page for a portlet. Choose Edit Shared Settings
from the portlet menu and choose which view to display in the portlet. You can choose either My Bookmarks
, All Bookmarks
, or both.
Configuring the Bookmarks portlet
You must have administrative access to the portlet to be able to configure it. Choose Configure
from the portlet menu and configure these options:
Parent topic: Using the IBM Connections Portlets for WebSphere Portal
|Display page controls only in bottom bar||Hides the page controls in the header of the window. Clear the check box to display paging controls in the header as well as the footer of the page.|