This section describes how to configure Quickr Domino to surface Sametime functionality.
Quickr Domino can be integrated with Sametime to take advantage of Sametime awareness and instant messaging in Quickr places. The members of a Quickr Domino place can see when other members are online and chat with other members from within the place.
Please note that the latest version of Quickr Domino available at the time of writing is Quickr Domino 8.5.1 which does not have support for the Sametime 8.5 web client. Therefore the Quickr Domino integration with Sametime detailed here is based on the use of the STLinks capabilities from the Sametime SDK.
Preparing the Quickr and Sametime servers for awareness and Instant messaging
Certain files have to be copied to the Sametime server to enable Quickr Domino to make use of Sametime awareness and instant messaging. This section describes where to locate these files and where to place them.
Copy the following file from the Data Directory\LotusQuickr directory of the Quickr Domino server to the above directory on the Sametime server.
- Locate the appropriate Sametime SDK for the installed version of Sametime from http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/download/nochargesearch.jsp?q0=&k=ALL&S_TACT=104CBW71&status=Active&b=Lotus&sr=1&q=sametime+sdk&ibm-search=Search
- Download the Sametime 8.5.2 SDK onto the Sametime Server and extract the files.
- Create a sub folder on Sametime server as follows:
- Copy the following files from the client\stjava\bin subdirectory of the Sametime SDK to the above directory on the Sametime server.
Configuring the Sametime server for Quickr Domino server
The Quickr Domino server is configured with the location of the Sametime server using the Site Administration feature on the Quickr Domino server.
- Log in as the administrator
- Click on Site Administration in the footer of the Welcome Page
- Click on Other Options and then Edit Options
- In the Sametime Servers section enter the URL to the Sametime community server. In the example environment, this is sametime.demos.ibm.com
- Click Next to finish.
- Restart Lotus Quickr server.
Complete the following steps to verify that Sametime awareness and instant messaging is working correctly:
- Log in to Quickr server using any LDAP user credentials.
- Check for the green icon next to the login name which indicates that Sametime awareness is enabled.
- Click on one of the places and notice that author names also show presence awareness.
- Make sure that one of the document authors is online and click on the green icon next to their name to open an instant message chat window.
Please refer to the following document for more details on integrating Quickr Domino and Sametime for awareness and Instant messaging.