This section describes navigation from iNotes to other products.
There is no banner customization facility which allows iNotes to provide navigation links to other services in the way that this can be done for Portal, Connections and Quickr. However, iNotes widgets
can provide a means of connecting to external resources from within an active iNotes window.
Configuring an iNotes widget to open another web site
While mail rules
can be created to enable iNotes widgets, one notes.ini parameter may be used to quickly enable or disable iNotes widgets regardless of policies. Place iNotes_WA_Widgets=1
in the notes.ini and restart HTTP. This will enable the widgets folder and allow you to create your own iNotes widget with the sample XML.
The sample xml code below can be modified to point to other resources which you wish to open as separate tabs in iNotes.
- Right click on Widgets -> Create
- Increment the palleteItem id as iNotes uses this ID to keep track of the widgets.
- Enter the full URL, the web address, of the site you want.
- Enter the title which the widget will display.
- Point the imageUrl to that site's favorite icon, favicon.ico, if it has one, and that icon will display for the widget.
- Save the xml
2: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
3: <webcontextConfiguration version="1.1">
4: <palleteItem id="767502488" url="http://connections.demos.ibm.com/homepage" title="Connections" imageUrl="http://www.ibm.com/favicon.ico" modified="false" providerId="com.ibm.rcp.toolbox.web.provider.WebServicesPalleteProvider" contributeToSideshelfOnStartup="false">
Create other widgets you want to access from your iNotes mail Widgets folder. The Domino administrator may, also, create a widgets catalog