This section describes how to configure Portal to surface Sametime functionality.
To configure Portal to surface Sametime functionality, STProxy for awareness and chat is used in the integration. This section provides the steps for the integration.
- Install PM42953 on the Portal server. For more information, refer to the following link:
- Install PM52380 on the Portal server.
Installing Lotus Sametime proxy server upgrade for WebSphere Portal V7
The Lotus Sametime proxy server upgrade provides a new Contact List portlet which behaves like the Lotus Sametime web client.
- Download the portlet from the catalog. Here's the link:
- Set WasPassword and PortalAdminPwd values in wkplc.properties
- Run the following two commands on the Portal server:
ConfigEngine.bat -install -installPackage E:/PortalVM/sametime/SametimeProxyServerUpgrade.zip -offeringRoot ./config/work -installPath F:/WebSphere/PortalServer -expandBinaries true
ConfigEngine.bat deploy-apps -DconfigExtensionList=-applySametimeProxyServerUpgrade
- Follow the steps in this technote:
- Create a page and add the new portlet to a page.
Configuring an HTTP Server as a reverse proxy
The new portlet requires all requests to go through the server you are accessing in the browser session. In this case, that would be the Portal server. There are two options to configure this:
This section describes using an HTTP server as a reverse proxy.
- Using the internal Ajax proxy server in WebSphere Portal
- Using an HTTP Server as your reverse proxy
Configuring a custom property in WAS
- Open the WebSphere Admin Console page of the Portal server.
- Click Resources -> Resource Environment -> Resource Environment Providers.
- In the list, locate the WP CommonComponentConfigService and open this entry by clicking it.
- Click Custom properties.
- Locate the entry cc.sametime.proxy.url. If an entry with this name does not exist yet, create it.
- Specify a "/stproxy" as the value for cc.sametime.proxy.url as shown below:
- Restart Portal.
Configuration on the HTTP Server
To configure HTTP Server:
- Edit httpd.conf
Uncomment the following:
LoadModule proxy_module modules/mod_proxy.so
LoadModule proxy_http_module modules/mod_proxy_http.so
Add the following:
- Restart IHS.
Configuration on Sametime
The following documentation provided the detailed configuration steps required on the Sametime server:
- Changing the session cookie ID on the Lotus Sametime proxy server: V7, please refer to this link:
- Integrating the functionality of the Sametime Proxy into Websphere Portal, please refer to this link:
Verifying the integration
After completing the steps above, the Sametime portlet should be working properly as shown below:
Please note that you will see the following error in the admin pages:
This is a known issue and a fix is not available at the time of writing.