This section describes how to configure iNotes to surface Sametime functionality.
Enable Sametime awareness in iNotes
Domino 8.5.3 allows integration with the Sametime server using the Sametime Proxy 8.5.2
for Web 2.0 user experience which greatly simplifies the Domino HTTP and iNotes configuration and enhances the interface and features available to users.
Enable Sametime awareness in the server configuration document
In order to configure Sametime awareness to be an available option for iNotes, complete the following steps:
- Create a configuration document for the server on which iNotes runs.
- Click the Lotus iNotes tab of the Configuration document and complete the following fields.
Instant messaging features
Sametime Web Client Integration
Directory type used by IBM Lotus Sametime server
Location of Sametime proxy
Enter the URL and port, not just a hostname since users will connect to Sametime through browser requests.
3. Save and close the configuration document.
4. In the Domino console enter restart task http
to enable this feature on the server.
Enable Sametime awareness in the user mailfile
Each user needs to enable Sametime in their preferences as follows:
- Login to iNotes. For direct access to a mail file via iNotes, type the following into the browser http://hostname/mail/mailfile name.
- Click on the Preferences tab, scroll down and click Enable Instant messaging.
If you do not use Domino 8.5 and the Sametime proxy refer to the Enable the Instant Messaging
Testing Sametime awareness
To validate the configuration, complete the following steps:
- Login to iNotes as a user and open the Inbox.
When the screen has refreshed, the Sametime status icon beside the user name in the left navigator should appear green.
- Check the Inbox and note that the Sametime status of users listed in the Who field is displayed.
- Click on the arrow beside the status icon and select Show Sametime Contact List. and the Sametime status of contacts is displayed.
- Right click on a person's name in the Inbox or Sametime Contacts list to start a chat or meeting.
You can find more information about iNotes 8.5.3 and Sametime