This section describes how to configure iNotes to surface Quickr Domino functionality.
iNotes integration with Quickr Domino enables users to:
- Add a Quickr Domino place from iNotes user preferences.
- Choose whether to store an attachment in a Quickr place and send a link to the attachment rather than send the attachment itself within an email
- Save an attachment from a received mail into a Lotus Quickr place.
- Access files stored in Quickr Domino places from links in messages.
For more detailed information please refer to the following document on "Integrating Lotus iNotes with Lotus Quickr for Domino"
Create Policy settings to enable integration with Quickr
To allow iNotes users to access Quickr places and resources from the iNotes mail file, a policy
is defined on the iNotes server.
The following steps describe the policy configuration to authorises access to the Quickr server in the example environment from the iNotes server in the example environment.
- From the Domino administrator client create an appropriately named organizational policy e.g. */demos. This will allow all users in the organization to use this feature.
- Create a mail setting for the policy to allow users to choose Quickr places and send attachments to a Quickr place while sending addressees a link.
- Give the setting an appropriate name e.g. iNotes-Quickr Mail
- Click the iNotes tab
- Select Enable in the Allow Quickr integration field.
- Save the setting.
- Create a security setting for the policy to allow Domino to securely send user requests and communicate with Quickr server. For more detail refer to the following document: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/lqwiki.nsf/dx/iNotes_proxy_configuration_qd851
- Give the setting an appropriate name e.g. iNotes-Quickr Security.
- Click the Proxies tab.
- Enter the following to create the whitelist rule.
d. Click Add/Modify value to create the whitelist rule.
e. Save the setting.
4. Restart the Domino server to enable both of these policies.
Enable Quickr preferences in iNotes
Each user will need to enable these preferences individually:
- From within iNotes, click on Preferences and select Lotus Quickr.
- Click Add Places...
- Enter the host name of the Quickr server in the dialog box (not the URL) and click Go. The list of places of which the user is a member should appear.
- Select the Places to be added and click OK.
- Select option for sending attachments and a default Place to save attachments. In this example Prompt me is selected.
- Save and close preferences.
Test Quickr integration
To validate the configuration:
- Send an email with an attachment to a member of one of the user's Quickr places (Note: Recipients must be members of the Quickr place where the attachment is stores or they cannot access the file.
- When prompted choose to save the file to a place and send the email recipient a link.
- The recipient receives the email with the link to where the attachment has been posted.
- The recipient clicks on one of the links associated with the attachment to either download or open the summary page for the attachment.
For more information
You can find more information on Quickr for Domino