This solution information might help you to learn what to do to diagnose or resolve an issue with customizing IBM Connections 3.0.1.
: Scripts are not running correctly in the wsadmin tool.
Solution: Make sure that you started the wsadmin tool from the specific directory on the system on which you installed the deployment manager: <WAS_home>\profiles\<profile_name>\bin,
where <WAS_home> is the WebSphere Application Server installation directory and <profile_name> is the Deployment Manager profile directory.
Solution: If you are running an operating system with User Account Control, such as Microsoft Windows Server 2008, make sure you right-click the command prompt and select Run as administrator. Starting a command prompt with a user account that is not the Administrator account but is part of the Administrators group sets the user to standard permissions.
: When you are testing your changes in the customization directory, they are not displaying in your browser.
- Make sure that you saved the file in the correct customization directory.
- Make sure that you clear you web browser.
- Enable the customization debugging capability so that you can view your changes without having to restart the IBM Connections server. For more information, see 1.2 IBM Connections customization variables.
- Check for syntax errors in the file you changed. Check that there are no errors being output to the page or to the log files.
: Other clients cannot see the changes you have made.
: You are not clear on which customizations that IBM Connections is using.
: Print a list of customized files:
- Enable WebSphere trace for “com.ibm.lconn.core.web.customization.*=all”.
- Restart the IBM Connections server.
- View the trace.log, which will load customization debug information from startup.
Parent topic: 1.0 Introduction to customizing IBM Connections