4.4 Setting up the development environmentAdded by Amanda J Bauman on November 21, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
Before starting developing an assembly line, you have to configure the Tivoli Directory Integrator Configuration Editor. The detailed instructions about configuring Tivoli Directory Integrator development environment are available in this document: http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/lcwiki.nsf/dx/Setting_up_your_development_environment_ic301
- Create a directory on a file system where the Tivoli Directory Integrator Configuration Editor is installed. For example: C:\TDIProject\15082011.
- Under this root directory, create subdirectories with names workspace and TDISOL. For example:
- Find a zip file with archived Tivoli Directory Integrator Solution directory in <IBM Connections install root>/TDISOL (for example: C:\IBM\LotusConnections\TDISOL\tdisol.zip). Unzip the file into C:\TDIProject\15082011\TDISOL. The content is similar to the following figure.
Note: If you are using Tivoli Directory Integrator for Linux, use tdisol.tar instead.
Note: Make sure that you use tdisol.zip from IBM Connections 3.0.1 installation directory. If you upgraded to Version 3.0.1 from Version 3.0, it is better to use the Solutions directory from IBM Connections 3.0.1 Wizards. The directories are:
Specify the location of the Profiles Tivoli Directory Integrator Solution directory using the -s command line option in a shortcut for starting the Configuration Editor. On Windows, the default location is Start Menu -> Programs -> IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator v7.0 -> Start Configuration Editor .
- For Windows: <Wizards_root>\TDIPopulation\TDISOL\win
- For Linux: <Wizards_root>\TDIPopulation\TDISOL\linux
For example, C:\IBM\TDI\V7.0\ibmditk.bat -s C:\TDIProject\15082011\TDISOL\TDI
The following figure shows the screen image from our example.
Start the Tivoli Directory Integrator Configuration Editor using the shortcut you just modified. For example, Start Menu -> Programs -> IBM Tivoli Directory Integrator v7.0 -> Start Configuration Editor
When you are prompted to specify a workspace for the Configuration Editor, select the directory you created on step 1. In this example, it is C:\TDIProject\15082011\workspace
Click OK to start the Tivoli Directory Integrator Configuration Editor.
Continue with section 4.5 Creating custom assembly line for populating selected user attributes from external database to the Profiles database
Parent topic: 4.0 Tivoli Directory Integrator