We first disable the current default theme which is replaced by Base as the new default. If you have already done this you can skip this step.To disable and remove the existing theme, make the appropriate changes to the communities configuration file.
- Using wsadmin client to check out the Communities configuration file communities-config.xml by using the following commands:
Attention: Do not close the wsadmin session until you check in the configuration files.
<working_directory> is the temporary directory that the configuration files are copied to.
Note: AIX and Linux only: The directory must set to allow write or the command will not run successfully.
<cell_name> is the name of the WebSphere Application Server cell hosting the IBM Connections application.
- Navigate to <working_directory> where you checked out the configuration files.
- Open communities-config.xml with a text editor.
- Comment out the default theme. For example, to disable default red and green themes, do the following:
- Save the communities-config.xml file.
- Check the communities-config.xml file back in using the following command:
- Stop and restart the Communities server to apply changes.
Parent topic: 8.0 Customizing Communities