16.3 Adding additional tracing to the logsAdded by Evan Tepsic on March 20, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
Sometimes you must enable tracing options within the WebSphere Application Server hosting the IBM Connections Applications at where you are having a problem with. Enabling trace might occur when you are following the instructions within one of the MustGather TechNotes or requested by a Problem Management Record (PMR) that you opened with IBM Software Group Support to report a problem.
To enable the tracing options, use this procedure:
- Open a web browser.
- Navigate to the following URL. Note that your environment might have been configured use a port other than the default listed below:
- Enter the user name and password of the WebSphere Application Server Administrator. Click Submit.
- One the Welcome page of the WebSphere Integrated Solutions Console (ISC), the left is a navigation pane whose contents displays on the right:
- Go to Troubleshooting -> Logs and trace and select the server on which you want to enable the trace options.
- Go to Change log detail levels.
If the problem you are having occurs when the WebSphere Application Server itself was starting up, click the Configuration tab, otherwise, click the Runtime tab.
- Copy and paste the trace options specified in the MustGather TechNote or by IBM SWG Support, click Apply and then OK.
- If you pasted trace-options into the Configuration tab, you must then restart the WebSphere Application Server on which the trace options were enabled. The runtime trace options take effect immediately.
- After you complete generating the data with the trace options, revisit the Change log detail levels page for the same WebSphere Application Server and change them back to the default of "*=info".