Media Galleries are community widgets that are used to store photos and videos. Administrator configures the widgets and community owners add the widgets into their community page. The following options are available to customize the media gallery widgets:
- Creating custom photo and video types
- Adding terms and conditions to the uploaded or downloaded photos and videos
- Changing the thumbnail preview image size
- Adding third party media player to play the photos and videos
- Setting the file extension for photos and videos
- Specifying the numbers seconds wait before upload fails
To add media gallery widget into the community, perform these steps:
- Login to IBM Connections server.
- Go to Community applications.
- Select a community, for example "FirstCommunity".
- Select Community Actions and click Customize.
- Add Media Gallery widgets to the community.
- Select Media Gallery widget and add photos or videos. A window similar to the following figure is displayed.