6.11.3 Configuring and creating search indexesAdded by Chander Ponnusamy on March 22, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
Search indexes are automatically created during the product installation. However, the indexes can be rebuilt if the index is corrupted or context root for the connections applications was changed.
Perform the following steps to create a search index:
- Launch the WebSphere Application Server administrative console.
- Go to Environment -> WebSphere Variables and search for the variable "SEARCH_INDEX_DIR".
- Select SEARCH_INDEX_DIR to find out the location of search index folder. On Linux, the location of search index folder is /opt/IBM/Connections/data/local/search/index.
- Shutdown the search cluster.
- Delete the index folder from each node. On Linux, the location of index folder is /opt/IBM/Connections/data/local/search/index.
- Start all the nodes in search cluster.
- Login to the deployment manager and launch the wsadmin client as follows.
./wsadmin.sh –lang jython –username domadmin –password itsoadmin
- Initialize the search configuration file by running the following command
- Select the first node of search cluster.
- Run the following command to build the search index for IBM Connections applications.
- Go to /opt/IBM/Connections/data/local/search/index directory of first search cluster node. The presence of file INDEX_READY and CRAWLING_VERSION confirms that index is created successfully.