On this section we show you the steps to install the IBM Installation Manager. IBM Installation Manager is a tool responsible for installing, updating, and modifying packages. It allows you to manage IBM software applications and packages. Installation Manager also helps you to track what is installed , what is available for you to install, and organize the installation directories.
IBM Connections 4.0 provides the Installation Manager bundle on the installation package. Follow the steps below to have the IBM Installation Manager installed on you environment:
- Expand the installation package CIA3EML.tar on a temporary directory, for exmaple, /tmp.
- Run the install.sh on /tmp/IBM_Connections_Install/IMlinux to start the installation process.
- Select IBM Installation Manager as the packages to be installed.
- Read and accept the license agreement.
- Select the path where the Installation Manager will be installed.
- Review the summary and click Install to start the installation.
- Check if the installation was successful and click Restart Installation Manager to start the Installation Manager console.
For more information about the IBM Installation Manager, see IBM Information Center
You can find the latest version of the IBM Installation Manager at IBM Support Portal