6.2 Installing the database management systemAdded by Alan Hamilton on March 22, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
The relational database systems that IBM Connections supports including DB2, Oracle, and Microsoft SQL Server. DB2 is bundled with IBM Connections. In this section, we describe the DB2 installation steps.
In our lab environment, we use the following steps to install DB2 on Linux:
- Start the installer by launching db2setup from the command line in Linux. The following figure shows the DB2 Setup launcher starts. Select on Install a Product
- Click Install New..
- In the Welcome to the DB2 Setup Wizard screen, click Next.
- Accept the software License.
- Choose the Typical installation type.
- We chose to save the responses into a response file, /root/db2ese.rs, for future installation. We recommend using the .rsp file extension because it is used as a default when selecting a response file in the future.
- Choose the installation directory for DB2. On Linux, we chose to install it to the default directory /opt/ibm/db2/V9.7.
- For our installation, we chose to include the IBM Tivoli System Automation to help us manage a high-availability solution for DB2.
- Enter the user name and group that the DB2 application will run as. This user name and group should already exist on the operating system. For safety use a user name and group name which will not be present in your LDAP directory.
- Choose to create a DB2 instance.
- Choose Single partition Instance.
- The installer then asks for you to supply the user name and details for a user to run the DB2 instance. Use the form to create a new user (you must have rights to do this as the user who is running the installer), or choose an existing user.
- Supply the name of the Fenced User, which is a special account used to run stored procedures and other functions.
- For the Tools Catalog. We chose not to prepare the Tools catalog at install time, but this can be done later.
- If you want to receive email notifications from the server, such as maintenance requirements or errors, setup the SMTP server details here.
- Specify the user who will receive the notifications.
- Review the settings you select in the Summary screen and click Finish to start installation.
- When the installation finishes, you should a successful window as shown below. Take special note of the Post-Install Steps and click Finish.