6.6 Populating Profiles using population wizardAdded by Chander Ponnusamy on March 22, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
IBM Connections uses profiles database to store user related information. Tivoli Directory Integrator (TDI) tool uses one set of assembly lines to extract user related data from different LDAP repositories and another set of assembly lines to store user information to profiles database. The population wizard manually extracts data from LDAP server and moves the data to profiles database.
Preparing to run profile populating wizard
The population wizard is a GUI tool captures the details for LDAP server, database server and database driver. The tool runs on both Windows and UNIX platform. In our lab setup, we installed the tool on Windows platform using the follow steps:
- Extract the IBM_Connections40_Wzd_WIN_CIA3GML.exe file to a temporary directory. For example, C:\IBM\Wizards.
- Copy the following DB2 jdbc driver files from the database server to a temporary directory. For example, C:\IBM\DB2Drivers
Disable JIT compiler and increase the runtime memory to store more users in memory. For example, go to C:\IBM\TDI\V7.1 directory and update the ibmdisrv.bat file as follows:
TDI_JAVA_PROGRAM%" -classpath "%TDI_HOME_DIR%\IDILoader.jar" %ENV_VARIABLES% com.ibm.di.loader.ServerLauncher %*
%TDI_JAVA_PROGRAM%" -Xms256M -Xmx1024M -Xnojit -classpath "%TDI_HOME_DIR%\IDILoader.jar" %ENV_VARIABLES% com.ibm.di.loader.ServerLauncher %*
Running the profile population wizard
Prior to running the population wizard tool, make sure that database server and LDAP server is accessible from the system where the script is running. In our lab environment we used DB2 as the data store for IBM Connections applications.
- Start the population wizard. For example, go to C:\IBM\Wizards directory and run the populationWizard.bat script file
- Select the TDI server location as C:\IBM\TDI\7.1 and click Next,
- Select a database type as DB2 and click Next,
- Provide the value for DB2 server hostname, port, database name, username, and password and db2 jdbc driver location.
- Provide LDAP server host name and port number.
- Enter the LDAP bind ID for example, domadmin.
- Provide the value for search base, for example o=itso. If the value specified at the organization level, user is searched from the organization level.
- Accept the default values for database mapping.
- Accept the default values for optional database tasks.
- The configuration summary shows. Click Configure to continue.
- After successful user population, the following screen is displayed. Click Finish to complete the task.