This step is to extract the self-signed SSL certificate from IBM HTTP server to which the IBM Connections connects for importing to Edge Component Caching Proxy server.
Complete the following steps to extract a personal SSL certificate from IBM HTTP Server to be used in the Edge Components Caching Proxy server:
- On the IBM HTTP Server installation directory, run ikeyman to open the key management utility:
From the menu bar, select Key Database File -> Open. Complete these fields:
- Linux: # ./ikeyman
- Microsoft Windows: > .\ikeyman
On the password prompt, provide a password and click OK.
Select WebSphere Plugin Key, click Extract Certificate, and complete the following fields:
- Key database type: Select CMS.
- File Name: connections.kdb
- Location: The conf file location of HTTP server such as c:\Program Files\IBM\HTTPServer\conf
- Data type: Select Base64-encoded ASCII
- Certificate file name: ihscert.arm
- Location: The directory to place the extracted certifcate, for example, c:\temp\
Next step is to import this SSL certificate extracted from IBM HTTP server into the Edge Component Caching Proxy server.