7.4.1 Installing Load BalancerAdded by Enio Rubens Basso on March 21, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
In this Section, we explain how to install Load Balancer using the graphical Installation wizard.
Follow these steps to install IBM Edge Components Load Balancer on a Linux system:
- Unzip the WebSphere Edge Components into a temporary directory, for example, /tmp or c:\temp.
- Run launchpad.sh (launchpad.bat for Windows) to launch the installation wizard.
- On the Welcome WebSphere Edge Components window, select Launch the Installation wizard for Edge Components Load Balancer and Caching Proxy.
- In the Welcome window, click Next.
- Accept the license agreement.
- English is the default installation Language. You can select other language.
- For installation type, select Custom to specify the components to install.
- Select License, Base, Administration, Dispatcher and Load Balancer Documentation to install.
- Validate if all features selected are correct, and click Next the continue the installation.
- The installation wizard shows that Edge Components were installed successfully on your server. Click Finish.