The IBM Connections 220.127.116.11 Plug-in for IBM Sametime
provides the following features:
- New: SPNEGO support (using Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1)
- New: Support for Catalan, Kazakh, Thai languages
- Save chat transcripts into a Connections activity or a community forum.
- Business Card federates data from various sources such as the Connections Profiles, Sametime buddy list, and the IBM Notes Directory. Links to the Connections applications are available as well as profile contact information.
The IBM Connections 18.104.22.168 Plug-in for IBM Sametime supports:
- IBM Connections 22.214.171.124
- IBM Sametime 8.5.1 standalone clients (Standard, Advanced, and Sametime Unified Telephony)
- IBM Sametime 8.5.2 IFR1 standalone clients (Standard, Advanced, and Sametime Unified Telephony)
: This plugin should not
be installed on Sametime clients embedded in Notes - this is an unsupported configuration and might create issues with existing Connections integration in the Notes client. Notes 8.5.1 Standard clients (and above) already come with the Connections business card, and if you also installed Connections (option during Notes install), you also have the Activities sidebar. With these components, you can access most of the key features provided by the Sametime plug-in including the business card & save chat to activity.
To install the plug-in, follow the steps in Appendix_A.3_Downloading_from_the_IBM_Greenhouse_Collaboration_Solutions_Catalog
to download the plug-in. The download provides a .zip file that extracts to a local site update as shown here:
The user then chooses the site.xml as a local repository installation or the administrator can place this on the update site and push it to users.