Creating FileNet Collaboration Services application server
The FileNet Collaboration Services are deployed as an application hosted on an application server. You have to prepare a new application server to host the FileNet Collaboration Services. This server is managed by the DMGR.
Creating the application server using the command line
1. Open a prompt and navigate to the bin directory located in your dmgr profile installation location
2. Launch the wsadmin command prompt
./wsadmin.sh -lang jython -username <wasadmin_login> -password <wasadmin_password>
Where <wasadmin_login> and <wasadmin_password> are the credentials of your DMGR administrator
3. Use the following command to create the application server :
AdminTask.createApplicationServer('<app_node>', '[-name <server_name> -templateName default -genUniquePorts true ]')
Where <app_node> is the node hosting your application servers and <server_name> the name you want to give to your FileNet Collaboration Services application server
4. Save the configuration :
5. Quit the wsadmin command prompt:
6. Synchronize the nodes by executing the following command :
<AppServer_root>/profiles/<filenet_profile>/bin/syncNode.sh <hostname> -username <wasadmin_login> -password <wasadmin_password>
7. Start the newly created server with the following command:
Creating the application server using the administration console
1. Log into
2. Navigate to Servers > Server Types > Websphere Application Servers.
3. Select your application servers node and choose a name for the FileNet Collaboration Services server.
4. Keep default template selected.
5. Keep Generate Unique Ports
6. Confirm your choices.
7. Verify your server has successfully been created.
your newly created server.