You need to generate Security Identifiers (SID) values for installing IBM Connections Content Manager with an existing FileNet deployment.
1. On the Connections system, create a directory to hold the JARs that you will copy from the FileNet side:
mkdir –p /data/FNfiles/lib
2. In the lib folder, copy the Jace.jar and log4j.jar from the filenet Content Platform Engine server.
3. Edit your Connections_install_root/addons/ccm/ccmDomainTool/generateSID.sh
4. Set the export CE_HOME=
value to point to the folder
where you previously copied the JARs files without /lib
5. Save and exit the file
6. Set the JAVA_HOME variable
7. Navigate to your Connections_install_root/addons/ccm/ccmDomainTool/
8. Run the generateSID command
9. Fill in the following information when asked for :
Hostname the Content Platform Engine application (FileNetEngine) is running on
Port number the Content Platform Engine application (FileNetEngine) is listening on
P8 Domain admin username
P8 Domain admin password
Username of the user you referenced as FileNet admin when you have installed Connections Content Manager (you can retrieve it login in the WebSphere Application Server administration console of your IBM Connections server, and navigating to Security > Global Security > Java Authentication and Authorization Service > J2C authentication data.
The user is listed as filenetAdmin
10. Take note of the generated SID.