Changing the administrator user password for IBM SametimeAdded by IBM | Edited by Paul Bastide on February 10, 2014 | Version 3 ()
|IBM® Sametime® is configured with a default administrator ID (wasadmin) and password (pxStatus), but you should change the password for security reasons.
Do the following steps to change the default password in the IBM WebSphere
® Application Server administrative console and then update the wasPass
variable in the pxStatus
script in the/local/qsi/sam/
directory. Note, if you have previously done the steps with IBM Connections, you do not need to accomplish the steps here, it's already done.
Parent topic: Configuring IBM Sametime
- In a browser, navigate to https://host_name:8601/ibm/console/logon.jsp to log in to the IBM WebSphere Application Server administrative console, where host_name is the host name of your instance. To find the host name of your instance, open a Secure Shell (SSH) terminal to the instance and run the hostname -–long command.
- In the left navigation area, click Users and Groups -> Manage Users.
- In the Search for field, type wasadmin, and click Search. The wasadmin user is returned in the table.
- Select the wasadmin user to open the User Properties window.
- Type the new password for the wasadmin user. Confirm the password, and click OK.
- Edit the /local/qsi/sam/proxy/sametimeproxy.properties scripts with the new password.
- Navigate to System administration -> Nodes, select the stProxyNode node, and click Full Resynchronize. The synchronization process lasts approximately 15 minutes.
- Restart the deployment manager, the node agent, and the application server.
" target="external">Changing WebSphere Application Server administrative credentials