10/14/2014 02:57:31 PM
Show HTML Options
Show Video Options
Installing on WebSphere Application Server 7
IBM Social Business Toolkit SDK documentation
You can install the SDK samples on WebSphere® Application Server.
to a convenient location such as C:\temp
. See http://ibmsbt.openntf.org
for instructions on how to obtain the SDK.
The instructions assume that the URL for the WebSphere
Application Server Integrated Solutions Console is https://localhost:9043/ibm/console/
and the port for the default host of the server is 9080.
The instructions also assume that you have extracted sbtsdk-1.0.0.xx.zip
to the folder C:\temp
- Go to the Integrated Solutions Console https://localhost:9043/ibm/console/ and logon with a user that has sufficient rights to install applications.
- Go to Applications -> New Application -> New Enterprise Application.
The Preparing for the application installation panel opens.
- Click Browse and select the file C:\temp\sbtsdk\samples\ear\sbt.sample.ear, then click Next.
- Select Fast Path and click Next.
The Select installation options panel opens.
- No need to make any changes. Click Next.
The Map modules to servers panel opens.
- Select all modules and the server that you want to install them on then click Next.
The summary panel opens.
- Click Finish.
The Installing panel opens and displays the results.
- When installation is complete, click Save directly to the master configuration.
- Create a resource URL:
- Copy the file C:\temp\sbtsdk\conf\sbt.properties to a convenient, permanent location such as C:\sbtsdk\.
- In the Integrated Solutions Console, go to Resources -> URL -> URLs and click New.
The URLs Configuration panel opens.
- In the Name field, type SBT Properties.
- In the JNDI field, type url/SbtProperties.
- In the Specification field, type the location of the sbt.properties file that you copied earlier. For example, file:///C:/sbtsdk/sbt.properties.
- Click OK then click Save directly to the master configuration.
- Start the application:
- Go to Application Types -> WebSphere enterprise applications.
- Select sbt.sample.ear and click Start.
WebSphere Application Server starts the application.
To verify that the SDK was installed correctly, open a web browser and go to http://localhost:9080/sbt.sample.web/samplesHome.html
. If the The Social Business Toolkit - Samples page opens, the SDK is installed and operating correctly.
Configuring Restrictive Cookie Path
When multiple applications are deployed on the same domain and the restrictive cookie path is not set, user may automatically get logged off as new session gets created due to context switch
As a result of this, the session cookie is lost during context switch between consuming application WAR and SDK WAR at the time of authentication. Hence, when APIs requiring authentication are executed, each time the login page comes up. The login credentials are not retained in subsequent calls after authentication is done once.
The Solution is to configure a Restrictive Cookie Path:
1. In the WebSphere® Administration Console, navigate to the Session Manager > Cookie tab. This can be done on Server Node, Application or module level (by overriding Session Management)
Parent topic: Installing the SDK
2. In the Cookie tab, set Cookie Path to the context path of your application. For example, this would be /sbt.sample.web for Samples Application (which is a sample consumer web application of SDK) included in the SDK build.