You can make API calls, see the response of those calls, and access the documentation for those APIs - all within a single interface. The goal of the API Explorer is to help developers quickly understand and try APIs that are available for building social applications.
Requirements for using the API Explorer
Note the following requirement:
Accessing and using the API Explorer
Do the following steps to use the API Explorer:
1. Navigate to the https://greenhouse.lotus.com/sbt/SBTPlayground.nsf/Explorer.xsp#
" target="external">API explorer
2. Click Get Started
3. Type your IBM
Greenhouse user ID and password, and click Log in
. In the next window, select the Authorize
box and then click OK, I'll allow it
. This action authorizes the API Explorer to access your activity stream data on IBM
Greenhouse. A message displays to inform you that the authorization was successful.
4. Just below the message, click API Explorer
5. Expand an API category in the left navigation bar, and click a method.
6. In the main window, on the Request
tab, and information about that method displays.
7. To make an API call using that method, specify values for method parameters, and click Execute API
8. Click the Response
tab to see the response of the API call.
9. For additional documentation about each API, including parameter details, click the Documentation
Posting and putting Atom documents
For API methods that POST or PUT Atom documents, such as the updateProfileEntry
method, do the following steps:
1. Do a GET operation using the getProfileEntry method. This operation returns an Atom representation of the user's profile.
Parent topic: Developing on-premise applications
2. Click Show Encoded on the Response tab, copy the Atom response and make modifications, if desired.
3. Paste the encoded and modified response data into the post_string parameter field of the updateProfileEntry method.