Using the E3 production environmentAdded by IBM on April 4, 2013 | Version 1 (Original)
|Use the E3 production environment at http://www.ibmcloud.com/social to build integration for IBM SmartCloud™ for Social Business users who belong to the company where the target service or application is registered.
The E3 production environment lets you build integration from SmartCloud for Social Business to an external application or service. The data that you require can either belong to your company or reside in SmartCloud for Social Business. SmartCloud for Social Business APIs are available to let you access services and your company data. You can also use extension points to extend the user interface.
Parent topic: Choosing your integration environment
- Go to the following URL to become an IBM Business Partner: http://www.ibm.com/cloud-computing/social/us/en/businesspartners/. See the section titled Becoming an IBM Business Partner.
- Identify an application that requires SmartCloud for Social Business services. For common use cases, see Overview of application integration.
- Use SmartCloud for Social Business APIs to develop code that accesses SmartCloud for Social Business services. For more information, see API Reference. An API explorer is also available to let you learn about, interact with, and run queries against APIs both in the E3 production environment and the C1 development and test environment. Use the explorer to see how requests are constructed and responses are returned. For more information, see Using the API explorer for IBM SmartCloud for Social Business
- Generate an Open Authorization (OAuth) client key and secret so that your application can access user data securely. For more information, see Open Authorization.
- To register your application, go to the SmartCloud for Social Business home page, click Administration -> Manage Organization, and finally click Internal Apps in the left navigation area. Note that only users with the Administrator role can access administration settings.
- Make your application available to users. For more information, see Making your integrated application available to users.
- Get technical assistance through IBM Developer Resources (IDR) by purchasing value packs and options. If you have already purchased support packs or incidents, log in to update you account. Also, use the monitored developer community on SmartCloud for Social Business to post questions and share experiences. To join this community, contact LLP@us.ibm.com.