Accept invitations to join new networks and add connections to your personal network.
About this task
If your administrator has enabled email notifications for the Profiles application, when people add you to their network, they generate an email message inviting you to join their network. The email contains a link to the My Network page, where you can accept or decline the invitation.
If email notifications are not enabled for your deployment, you can access invitations directly from the My Network page.
To accept a network invitation, complete the following steps:
- Open the invitation by doing one of the following:
Do one of the following:
- If email notifications are enabled, click the link provided in the email invitation to open the My Network page.
- If email notifications are not enabled, select Invitations from the My Network page.
- To accept the invitation and join the inviter's network, click Accept.
- To ignore the invitation and remove it from the Invitations tab, click Ignore.
Note: When you ignore an invitation, the person who sent the invitation does not get any notification of your action.
Parent topic: Adding people to your network