Accessing the Bookmarks configuration fileAdded by IBM on February 2, 2011 | Version 1 (Original)
|To make configuration changes to a Bookmarks deployment you must first access the Bookmarks configuration file.
To make configuration changes to a Bookmarks deployment you must first access the Bookmarks configuration file.
Before you begin
To edit configuration files, you must use the wsadmin client. See Starting the wsadmin client
About this task
Configuration files are XML-formatted files that store configuration information. The file dogear-config-cell.xml
stores properties that affect Bookmarks, such as determining thresholds for displaying active tag, person, and link data. Follow these steps to access one of the Bookmarks configuration files:
- Start the wsadmin client from the following directory of the system on which you installed the deployment manager: <WAS_HOME>\profiles\<DMGR>\bin.
You must start the client from this directory or subsequent commands that you enter do not execute correctly.
- Start the Bookmarks Jython script interpreter by entering the following command:
- To change properties, check out the configuration file, dogear-config-cell.xml, with the following command:
DogearCellConfig.checkOutConfig( "<working_directory>", "<cell_name>")
- <working_dir> is the temporary working directory where the configuration XML and XSD files are copied to by the checkOutConfig command. The files are kept in this working directory while you make changes to them using the updateConfig command. When you run the checkInConfig command, the updated XML configuration file is copied from the temporary directory to where these files are located and overwrites the existing XML file.
- <cell_name>] is the name of the WebSphere® Application Server cell hosting the Lotus Connections application. This argument is required even in stand-alone deployments. This parameter is case-sensitive.
This command should print out this message: Bookmarks Cell Level configuration file successfully checked out.
- To view a list of the valid Bookmarks configuration settings and their current values, use the following command:
- To change a Dogear configuration setting, use the following command:
DogearCellService .updateConfig(" [property]", " [value]")
where [property] is one of the editable Dogear properties and [value] is the new value to apply to the property. For example:
Bookmarks configuration properties
Configuration settings control various configurable applications within Bookmarks. They require a Bookmarks application or server restart to take effect.
Applying property changes
After you have edited the Bookmarks configuration properties, check the changed configuration file in, and restart the servers to apply the changes.
Parent topic: Administering Bookmarks
Starting the wsadmin client